28 December 2010

Waiting for sun-beam*

As Santa brought me an external hard disk this year I decided to go through all pictures of my designs, photo shoots, sewing, ...   I think some of these deserve to be published! 


I will start with one photo shoot which was created almost 1 year ago but I didn't published it afterwards. Photos were taken by my boyfriend Jozef (http://www.hupodesign.com/) near by Kinsale in Ireland. 


I remember it was terrible weather at that day and my whole body was benumbed with cold. My heals were drowned in mud and fingers were chilled to the bone! I think the name "Waiting for sun-beam" is perfect for this photo shoot!


The beauty of this dress is that it has simple lines and lovely tree print on the front. There is huge V-shaped neckline on the back side.


This skirt is made of the same fabric as the above model. It’s super-comfy to wear, fits well, and perfect for everyday use. It fits to almost all sizes thanks to an adjustable waist stripe.




This was such a fun project. I started out with basic dress pattern shapes and I just played around with them until they looked right to me. 


I loved working on the above dress. I was inspired by Origami at that time and I  wanted to create dress with a touch of this cute Japanese art. I tried to combine folded fabric pieces and create something unusual, geometric but still nice and elegant. I also made tiny origami butterfly pin for this dress but it's not visible on the pictures. I will try to find more detailed picture to show you exactly what I mean :)






2 comments:

  1. perfektne! :) skoda ze tie fotky nie su vacsie.. tesim sa na dalsie... a samozrejme krasny design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakujem Katka, velmi ma tesi ze sa ti pacia.Fotky davam mensie schvalne, aby neboli zneuzite, avsak potom to nie je ono.. nabuduce skusim dat vacsie, nech to ma uroven :) V kazdom pripade dakujem, tesim sa na dalsie komenty!

    ReplyDelete