21 May 2012

DIY project - envelopes made from vintage wallpaper

When I moved into our house three years ago, I found a bag full of very vintage wallpapers under the stairs. I didn’t want to use them on my walls, as I prefer modern style interiors. But I loved their pattern so much that I couldn’t bin them. I found them again after 3 years and I decided to do some paper craft with them and make them useful! I made small envelopes for a start. I might use them as a business card holder when shipping items from my shop or I will store my labels, stickers or tags in it!


What do you need?


-          Wallpaper or wrapping paper, magazines, or whatever paper you like
-          A pair of scissors
-          Pencil
-          Glue stick
-          Ruler
-          Blank A4 paper
-          Carton/cardboard (i.e. cereal box)

Steps:

1.Draw and cut a template out from blank A4 paper as per below picture.  (The reason why I draw it on blank A4 page first is because I wanted to see how it folds.  You can skip this step and draw the template directly on cardboard)


2. Trace it onto a cardboard and cut out with a pair of scissors carefully.


3. Now use your carton template on wallpaper/wrapping paper and cut your envelope with scissors. 


4. Fold it up. Do the sides first then use the folded sides as a guide on where to fold the top and bottom.


5. Use glue stick to stick your envelope together.


And that’s it! Enjoy your new recycled envelopes. You can use them as a gift card envelope, business card holder or you can store small things in it such as earrings, rings..  You can also draw bigger templates and do larger envelopes for wrapping a book, cosmetic, accessories or whatever gift you want to wrap up.  


.. I have also created a smaller version 


Enjoy your new weekend project! 




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can use any paper you like. I have just finished some from Vogue magazine. I absolutely love them. I will post them soon!

      Delete
  2. Fab and clever idea! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love it... I need order some so my next task -> 'find a contact form' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection.

    I love vintage wallpapers.

    I have a lot of them on my PC.

    Do you like this vintage wallpaer?

    :)

    ReplyDelete